Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Device continuously rebooting

***Disclaimer: Try at your own risk, I have not tried any of this, so I really can not say if it will work or not, brought to you from the ZAAPTV Knowledgebase website.***

As for the box that is continuously rebooting, we have a solution. Please do the following:

(i) Immediately after the box starts reboot, PRESS AND HOLD DOWN THE "OK" KEY for about 20-30 secs(till the screen in (ii) appears).
(ii) A screen with heading "System Diagnostics" will appear.
(iii) In this, there are different options. Select the last option of "Run Previous Software"[Press Stop Key].
Please press the STOP key.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex Che (05 September 2011 02:35 PM). Device continuously rebooting. Retrieved from http://zaaptv.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/3/0/device-continuously-rebooting

11 comments:

  1. Hey, I had this issue pop up yesterday. This method totally worked! Thanks alot man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it worked, thanks for letting us know.

      Salam

      Delete
    2. It worked for me ...thank you

      Delete
    3. Glad it worked Sammy, enjoy !!!

      Salam

      Delete
  2. zaap is loosing a lot of arabic channels lately , anyone knows why ?
    Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are working on an update, it is suposed to be this week as they replied my mail saying they will add 100 more arabic channels in a few days.

      Delete
  3. I tried to do exactly that but my device keeps on rebooting. I don't get the system diagnostic screen. Any help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try shutting the device off from the back of the POD. Press and hold the OK button, and at the same time turn the device back on again while still pressing OK.

      Let us know if that works.

      Salam

      Delete
    2. Thanks Masrawy, I tried what you told me and it still didn't work. I guess I am going to send the device in for repair. It sucks that I only had it for two months.

      Delete
  4. It doesn't work for me. It keeps rebooting. In fact, I have already the last Software update. It doesn't find the previous software.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my box its keeping rebooting
    i tried to turn off n hold (ok) for 30scnds and nothing show up
    thnx

    ReplyDelete